Manufacturers of kitchen and bath cabinets, countertops, and other furnishings face unique challenges that demand sophisticated software solutions and corresponding expertise.
- To-order manufacturing. Many manufacturers must build to customer/dealer specifications, which can vary on an order-by-order basis. Dimensions, colors, materials, finishes and other configurations can be different for every job.
- The dealer channel. Manufacturers in this industry often do not interact directly with the consumer but are represented by dealers. Manufacturers must be able to quickly provide quotes to their dealers, who may be in a competitive bid situation.
- Design/layout tool integration. In the kitchen and bath space, dealers and designers use de-facto standard tools for laying out entire rooms, including all cabinets and countertops. There is an increasing expectation from dealers and designers that they will be able to transfer their designs electronically and receive a manufacturer quote within minutes.
- Mixed-mode manufacturing. Larger manufacturers in this industry may be doing a mix of build-to-order (for the dealer network) and build-to-stock (for a mass-merchant channel).
The Fog Software Group product portfolio can help manufacturers in this space meet these challenges
- Medium-to-large manufacturers of kitchen and bath cabinetry and countertops can be well-served by Frontier by Friedman ERP software. Frontier offers comprehensive to-order and mixed-mode manufacturing support, design/layout tool integration, and fully-integrated dealer order entry. The powerful parametric configurator in Frontier is ideal for manufacturers who offer complete dimensional flexibility to the marketplace.
- Small manufacturers with a limited product offering, who primarily assemble to order, should consider the Xdata product line, which provides simple and streamlined configuration capability.